Senior Software Engineer-Database and Performance
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Senior Software Engineer-Database and Performance
The Senior Software Engineer for the Database and Performance Team will be responsible for the design, maintenance, execution, and analysis of automated tests geared towards discovering performance issues within Tyler’s software. This person will be a member of a development team dedicated to the performance and database engineering aspects of Tyler software, working with managers and developers from many Tyler products and teams to identify and resolve performance issues. Additionally, this person will work closely with Tyler’s Dev Ops and Deployment teams within internal environments and SaaS footprints, such as AWS, to provide system sizing guidance and recommendations for clients.
Work with our innovative software solutions that help local government and school districts centralize data and connect their organizations. By working to develop and support our financial management solutions, you can help integrate our solutions with human resources, revenue management, tax billing, and asset management.
- Analyze reported performance issues and report any configuration, hardware, code, or database recommendations uncovered during the investigation.
- Use judgement to determine which reported issues are good candidates for automation and work with managers, developers, and manual QA staff to find other good test candidates.
- Design and create automated tests and corresponding data sets which emulate users interacting with Tyler products in a realistic and rerunnable fashion.
- Design and create load test scenarios which leverage the automated tests to create dynamic real-world scenarios which can be used to stress a system to its breaking point.
- Execute automated tests and analyze test results to find code inefficiencies, concurrency issues, and hardware bottlenecks. Provide recommendations to interested parties.
- Maintain, expand, and replace as necessary the supporting performance test framework as changes are needed to meet the testing needs.
- Maintain lab physical and virtual equipment, as well as performance testing environments within AWS.
- Work with various databases to maintain large data sets for testing and to quickly identify data which can be used during testing.
- Occasional travel may be required. Not typically more than a few days a year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer or Information Sciences, Engineering, or Math. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development, systems analysis, quality assurance, automated testing, or other related experience required.
- Strong understanding and experience with:
- Systems (physical, virtual, and cloud). Windows, Hyper-V, and AWS preferred.
- Networks and communication protocols. HTTP stack preferred.
- Full application stack. Web applications preferred.
- Relevant Technologies: Object-oriented programing. .Net/C.# preferred.
Relational databases. MS SQL Server preferred.
- Debugging and analysis tools. Visual Studio, SQL Server Profiler, and Fiddler preferred.
- Automated testing technology and practices beneficial.
- Solid understanding and experience with:
- QA testing methodologies and practices.
- The full software development lifecycle.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong skills in:
- Advanced analysis and problem-solving involving comprehensive research, effective root cause analysis, sound decision making, and effective resolutions.
- Planning and organization including the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Time management with a record of delivering successful results.
- Interpersonal communication involving communicating technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally.
- Ability to:
- Work independently and collaborate in a team and across functional groups.
- Pay keen attention to detail.
- Be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel occasionally.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.