Program Assistant - Full Time - Portland, ME
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04103
Program Assistant – Full Time – Portland, ME (370427-5340 )
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, ofcourse! Our employees answer this special calling because they have afundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve,develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their *job*effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy,high-reward environment, our clinicians and therapists providecompassionate rehabilitation care and deliver exceptional patientexperiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life. The goal of inpatientrehabilitation is to help your patients live as independently as possiblethrough specialized treatment programs.
Our care is designed specificallyto help patients who have been impaired by an injury or illness such asa stroke, orthopedic or other neurological conditions. All of our rehabilitationhospitals feature care provided by an interdisciplinary rehabilitationteam committed to helping patients progress to recovery. Our care is designedto help patients improve abilities and return to a more normal life.
Asa Program Assistant you will:
- Assistthe Program Director (PD) in the daily activities associated with the programoperations.
- Responsible for daily posting of the teams planned minutes.
- Daily review of the teams DIFs to ensure proper timekeeping and alerts team to errors and corrections.
- Provides SMART training, direction and guidance for rehab team.
- Handles the daily processing of paperwork to include filing in Patient Charts, Hard Charts, and Soft Charts.
- Responsible for reviewing the payroll activities at the end of payroll periods for accuracy and completion.
- Assist the PD with scheduling to ensure adequate coverage.
- Communicates with staffing coordinators to alert of staffing shortages and works to help fill vacancies.
- Gathers information for risk management projects for the Rehab department in the facility.
- Assists with the gathering of data for Medicare meetings; provides to PD.
- Responsible for technical IT issues that arises.
- At the end of the month, assist with clearing alerts in the SMART system.
- Reviews Pre-Bill each month and corrects errors as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the Part B Cap summary and Treatment Census.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting out other reports as directed.
- Orders department supplies.
- Verify and update professional licenses are ensuring they are current and posted.
- Organizes the gym and maintains a safe working environment.
- Assist in the preparation for surveys.
- As necessary, will be responsible for entering data into the computer.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Havegreat attention to detail, possess basic computer skills, great communicationskills and ability to multi-task.
- Performs other non-clinical tasks as assigned.
As a Program Assistant you will have:
- At a minimum a High School degree orequivalent GED.
- Experience in a healthcare setting aplus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Drug Free Workplace