Asphalt Sales Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
POSTED ON BEHALF OF NORTHEAST PAVING
The Asphalt Sales Representative will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new customers for the sale of aggregate and asphalt materials for Northeast Paving.
- Present, promote and sell products and company services to existing and potential customers.
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis for existing and potential customers to best meet their needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain healthy business and customer relationships.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maintain high levels of satisfaction.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales efforts with asphalt team members and other departments.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Continuously improve sales process and best practices through internal and client feedback.
- Help determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Visit clients and potential clients to evaluate needs and promote products and services.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, etc.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Asphalt Sales Representative.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experiencing working in sales is required.
- Experience and familiarity in asphalt production and sales is a plus but not required
- Travel is required.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Sales Representative to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Exposure to dust, dirt grease and noise.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, based on project need(s) and demand(s).
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Asphalt Sales Representative encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
Blythe Construction, Inc. – Hubbard Construction Company – Northeast Paving – Sunmount Paving – Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at*Blythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company*: Phone: 407-645-5500*Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC*:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.