Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brunswick, ME 04011
We care about making people better – those we work for, and those we work with. And we prove it every day.
In our daily work, we create unique medical solutions to improve quality of life. We enjoy what we do because it makes a difference in people’s lives – for real.
Although we’re a global company, we’re still small enough for you to make your mark. Our leaders are accessible and trust us to make the right decisions. As a Mlnlycke employee, you’ll thrive when you take on the responsibility.
We’re now looking for a Process Engineer to play an important role in our Operations function. What makes you stand out is your passion for what your work means – coupled with your ability to listen to customers and respond with appropriate urgency.
We are looking for a Process Engineer to join our Brunswick, ME facility. The Process Engineer provides leadership, direction, and technical skills to optimize operational performance (safety, production, quality, and cost objectives). This is achieved through aggressively resolving “process issues” that cross operational, materials, and equipment boundaries, and applying Continuous Improvement and Lean techniques.
- Uses technical knowledge of applicable manufacturing operations, processes, materials, and equipment, to produce high-quality advanced wound care for patients.
- In cooperation with cross-functional resources, develop and implement a continuous process improvement program for assigned machines to optimize Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Waste, and Cost performance.
- Makes a cooperative effort to find optimal process, materials, equipment, and operational solutions to complex manufacturing problems.
- Analyse machine efficiency and identify and implement corrective actions to these issues.
- Provide process expertise and liaison with Engineering and R&D resources for machine modifications, rebuilds, product upgrades, trials/machine tests, and capital projects.
- Act as a resource to machine teams for technical problem solving and application of analytical methods.
- Work as necessary, with material suppliers and their technical staff to optimize the ability of the material to run. Link with Corporate resources as necessary.
- Assist in the development of the annual preventive maintenance program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience with applicable manufacturing processes, equipment, and materials.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in Lean problem solving tools and techniques preferred.
Mlnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. We design and supply solutions to enhance performance at every point of care – from the hospital to the home.
We specialise in:
-Wound management: including dressings with Safetac such as Mepitel and Mepilex
-Preventing pressure ulcers: with Mepilex Border used prophylactically and devices to help turn and re-position patients
-Surgical solutions: including Mlnlycke trays, HiBi antiseptics and Biogel surgical gloves
Mlnlycke was founded in 1849. Nowadays our solutions are available in around 100 countries; we’re the number one global provider of advanced wound care and single-use surgical products; and we’re Europe’s largest provider of customised trays. Our headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden and we have about 7,800 employees around the world.
It is the policy of Molnlycke Health Care, in accordance with all applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.