STAFF RN - MED/SURG/TELE - TAMC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: A staff nurse in the
Medical/Surgical/Telemetry (MST) unit is responsible for applying the
nursing process in providing nursing care to all patients admitted into
MST. He/she must be adequately prepared by experience and training to
care for cases ranging in acuity from non-urgent to life threatening and
from minor to complex health issues. He/she must demonstrate an ability
to cope with extreme emergency situations while remaining calm, and
demonstrate a recognition of the value and dignity of the individual
without regard to the nature of the illness(es) or the circumstances
leading to same.
1. Admit patients according to established guidelines.
2. Assess patient’s physical and psychosocial needs and implement a
plan of care to address the needs.
3. Transcribe/implement physician orders in a timely and efficient
4. Assess patient/significant other education needs and provide
instruction as appropriate.
5. Participate in department quality improvement activities.
6. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
7. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development..
8. Support Risk Management and Infection Control programs.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
1. Current Maine Registered Nurse License or license eligible.
Must be available for weekend and shift assignments.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate from Accredited Nursing program
2. BLS Certification within 6 months of hire
TAMC is Aroostook County’s leading provider of healthcare services, an
advocate for the people we serve, and the area’s largest employer. As a
member of EMHS, we offer more services than a typical rural healthcare
organization. From specialty services like orthopedics, cardiology,
sleep medicine, oncology and radiation oncology to primary care for the
whole family, we strive to offer more to the people of Aroostook County.
This wide array and services, and our skilled nursing team, make TAMC
more than a hospital.
Aroostook County, bordered by the Canadian provinces of Quebec and New
Brunswick, is Maine’s northern most region. The area boasts a plethora
of outdoor recreational activities during all four seasons.
During winter, residents and visitors can choose downhill and
cross-country skiing, ice fishing, and snow shoeing to stay active.
Aroostook County also has some of the best and most extensive groomed
snowmobile trails in North America, with lodging and dining
establishments located along the over 2000 mile span of trails.
During the warmer months, visitors and residents take in the clean air
and scenic beauty that brings Maine’s slogan of ‘Vacationland’ to life.
Larger cities, such as Bangor, Maine and Woodstock, New Brunswick are
only a couple hours away by car, and Boston is only a short flight away
from Presque Isle Regional Airport.
Here, you can find the perfect balance between work and play.
Collaborate with highly skilled colleagues during your workday. Work in
modern, impressive facilities. Enjoy snowmobiling, hiking, kayaking, or
four-wheeling after work. Our schools are nationally recognized, traffic
isn’t a problem, and you can feel safe going for a walk at night.