Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) (Casual/Per Diem)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04098
PRN/PER DIEM POSITION
Genesis Rehab Services is a leading provider of Physical, Occupational, Speech and Respiratory Therapy for older adults in skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living communities, CCRCs, Transitional Care Units, patients’ homes, hospitals, adult day care programs and outpatient clinics throughout the US.
Genesis Rehab Services is now hiring a Physical Therapist Assistant to provide rehabilitation services in one or more of our service locations!
The Physical Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing physical therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Implements patient’s individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist
2. Work with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement programs consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient
3. Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations and complex procedures
4. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist
Visit our website for more information www.genesisrehab.com at http://www.genesisrehab.com/ .
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program certified by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
2. Must be licensed and/or eligible for licensure as required by the state of practice
3. Requires good organizational and time management skills
4. Requires good verbal and written communication skills
Position Type: Casual/Per Diem
Req ID: 325372
Center Name: Genesis Rehab Services
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, “Genesis”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.