Solar Permitting Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Permitting Specialist to join our Permitting, Planning, and Licensing (PPL) team. The successful candidate will report to one of our Maine, New Hampshire, or Massachusetts office’s and will be involved in a wide variety of energy-related projects including electric transmission, renewable energy (wind/solar/storage), transportation, infrastructure, and other development projects. Candidates with experience permitting solar projects in the northeastern U.S. are preferred.
Permitting Specialist Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include development of comprehensive local, state, and federal regulatory permit applications, coordination with clients and multidisciplinary teams of professionals, leading and supporting field data collection and resource impact assessments, agency consultations, and financial management of projects and tasks. Additional duties include supporting proposals and providing direction to team members.
- Applicants will be permitting projects at the federal, state, and local levels; and
- Be able to effectively coordinate ?eld work, direct and support other technical staff, interact in the ?eld with clients, stakeholders, and contractors. Prepare proposals, technical reports, schedules, and review and approve invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, natural resources, biology, ecology, or related field, and three (3) years of post-degree experience;
- Comfortable interacting in the field with clients, contractors, and environmental agency representatives;
- Excellent data collection skills;
- Technical writing and communication skills; and
- Maintain a positive attitude and deliver exceptional client service and leadership, while sometimes working under aggressive schedules.
In addition to the basic qualifications, the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Project management, or lead technical role, supporting local, state, and/or federal regulatory compliance for solar development projects in the northeast;
- Preference will be given to applicants with working knowledge of New England state wetlands programs, federal Clean Water Act programs, Clean Air Act, and biological and/or cultural resources, National Environmental Policy Act, Historic Preservation Act, Endangered Species Act, Coastal Zone Consistency Act, Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act, Massachusetts Public Waterfront Act, , Maine Site Location Development Act, Maine Stormwater Law, and Maine Natural Resources Protection Act, as well as filings in accordance with municipal planning and zoning regulations;
- Preference will also be given to applicants that have experience working on solar projects as well as solid experience with New England state and local permitting and siting; and
- Successful applicants will be able to interact in the field with clients, contractors, and environmental agency representatives.
We focus on recruiting people with the flexibility to grow with TRC to enhance each individual’s personal strengths, interests, and passions. We strive to provide our employees with support, structure, and opportunities to help them succeed.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information about TRC or to apply for this position, please visit our website at .
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled