Certified Welding Inspectors
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
TRC is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government (DOT), implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking candidates for Certified Welding Inspectors (CWI) to perform quality assurance inspection to support projects with various DOT and commercial clients in South Portland, ME, Kingfield, ME and Claremont, NH.
Local candidates only.
The prospective candidate must be proficient in structural steel fabrication, and knowledgeable in construction materials inspection and testing (CMT). Plant work load history and forecasted inspection requirements will be discussed with interested applicants. (Applicants interested in and willing to travel for other assignments may be more fully utilized with bridge fabrication experience.)
- Perform third party DOT structural steel fabrication quality assurance inspection and reporting
- Familiarity and experience with primarily AASHTO/AWS D1.1 but also AASHTO/AWS D1.5.
- Utilize applicable ASTM and AASHTO construction specifications
- Read and interpret shop drawings, specifications and project special provisions to verify compliance to material quality
- Attend prefabrication meetings as required
- Ability to work closely with other fabrication, construction and quality personnel in a courteous and professional manner
- Sampling construction materials for testing when required
- Perform full Visual (VT) Testing inspection per applicable coded requirements.
- Provide oversight (witness) inspection of magnetic particle and ultrasonic testing.
- ASNT Level II certification preferred. Will convert existing certifications to our written practice
- Ability to use the following: Laptop computer, cell (smart) phone, scanner and printer
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, internet, report writing, file (photograph and other) attachments.
- Ability to develop and maintain client relations
- Job Requirements
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)-will be verified through www.aws.org
- 3 years minimum project experience with structural steel fabrication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previously, currently or otherwise experienced in nondestructive testing (NDT) preferred in the following methods:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Ability to travel domestically for short periods to material fabrication facilities
- Good Driving Record (driver license will be verified
- Coatings experience (primarily galvanizing and painting) preferred
- Pass pre-hire drug screening/testing
Join our growing Construction Engineering Inspection division and advance your career by learning from industry proven experts. Our team core values include: Safety, Teamwork, Quality, and Reliability.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at: https://www.trccompanies.com/
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Pioneer. Since the 1960s TRC has set the bar for clients who require more than just engineering, combining science with the latest technology to devise innovative solutions that stand the test of time. From pipelines to power plants, roadways to reservoirs, schoolyards to security solutions, clients look to TRC for breakthrough thinking backed by the innovative follow-through of a 50-year industry leader.
TRC’s 5,000 professionals work with a broad range of commercial, industrial and government clients and the communities they serve. We deliver breakthrough solutions that address local needs — so our clients can better succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working at TRC means tackling interesting, meaningful projects. We pride ourselves on our collaborative spirit, entrepreneurial zeal and agile corporate structure. We recognize that the expertise of our staff is our strongest asset, so we generously reward employees for successful performance and invest in their careers through training and the development of new skills and certifications.
TRC is ranked .#20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Claremont, NH, Kingfield, Maine
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled