RESPIRATORY THERAPIST - ARG
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
Respiratory Care Practitioners perform “Respiratory Care” which means
the therapy, manage?ment, rehabilitation, diagnostic evaluation, and
care administered on the order of a physician or surgeon, of patients
with deficiencies and abnormalities affecting the cardiopulmonary system
and associated aspects of other bodily systems.
1. Follow departmental policies and clinical procedures
2. Conducts themselves in a professional manner
3. Perform and show understanding in:
? Direct and indirect pulmonary care services that are of comfort,
safe, aseptic,preventative and restorative care to the patient
? Administration of medical gases, aerosols and humidification
? Environmental control mechanisms
? Pharmacological agents related to respiratory care
? Mechanicalor physiological ventilatory support
? Bronchopulmonary hygiene
? Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
? Maintenance of natural airways
? Maintenance of artificial airways
? Analysis of blood gases, respiratory secretions and pulmonary
? Hemodynamic and physiologic measurement and monitoring of cardiac
functions as it relates to cardiopulmonary pathophysiology
? Measurement of lung volumes, Spirometry, diffusion, oxygen sats,
collection of blood and collection of specimens from respiratory tract
? Observation and monitoring of signs and systems, general behavior,
general physical response to respiratory care treatment and diagnostic
testing including determination of whether those signs, symptoms,
reactions, behavior or general response exhibit abnormal
characteristics; Implementation based on observed abnormalities,
appropriate reporting, referral, respiratory care protocols orchanges in
treatment, pursuant to a prescription by a person authorized to
prescribe respiratory care or the initiation of emergency
4. Make proper use of and correctly care for all department
5. Perform and understand the effective method of making rounds
and the accurate method of keeping records and making reports on all
patients receiving therapy.
6. Chart properly on all forms and recordsused in the Pulmonary
7. Process billing in the approved manner.
8. Participate in the orientation and instruction of allied
health personnel in the techniques of respiratory care.
9. Provided techniques used in pulmonary rehabilitation.
10. Assume specific assigned responsibilitiesfor the routine
repair and maintenance of departmental equipment.
11. Respond to all pulmonary pages in the prescribed manner
12. Comply with relevant local, state and federal rules and
regulations and the law and requirements of accrediting bodies and
other, external organizations.
13. Help Pulmonary manager evaluate equipment and/or
14. Take a roll in pulmonary rehabilitationas needed.
15. Train to be a stop-smoking facilitator.
16. Be active in community education.
17. Take an active roll in training staff.
18. Stay current in all aspects of respiratory care.
1. Performs other work-related duties as assigned
2. The technician will be confronted by people with both
contagious and non-contagious diseases. A knowledge of Infection Control
measures is required.
3. The technician will occasionally have to cope with a violent
or disagreeable patient.
4. The technician must be able to handle substances such as
thick secretions, vomitus, etc.
5. The technician will be confronted by stress situations such
as cardiac and respiratory resuscitations, internal fires, disaster
procedures, etc. During these moments, they will need to remain
emotionally stable and exhibit self-control so that patients may be
reassured of their safety.
Current State of Maine license, Respiratory Care Practitioner.
? Twelve hour day – three days a week
? Weekend coverage is required
? On-Call status will be taken to provide “on-call” coverage
? During working hours as beeper is required
? Emergency situation may necessitate response to the hospital during
off hours when contacted at home
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current license from State of Maine as a Respiratory Care
2. BLS is required within the first week of employment.
Employees must maintain CPR
certification throughout employment when in a clinical
3. De-escalation and workplace violence training will be
completed at hire prior to release from orientation.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
? Sitting:1-3 hours/day
? Standing/walking:4-7 hours/day.
? Lifting:Over 50 pounds with good body mechanics
? Twisting/bending:Moderate 130-480 bends/day
? Squatting/kneeling:1-3 hours/day need not be continuous
? Endurance:Heavy energy requirements (7-9 metastasis )
? Wrist position: Extensive deviation
? Pinching:Moderate 130-480 pinches/day
? Hand/wrist repetitions: Moderate 1000-2880/day
? Manual dexterity: Frequent fine motor skills required
? Right/left handedness: 70-100% of job cycle time
? Both handedness: 70-100% of the job cycle
? Near vision: Requires very accurate near vision
? Far vision: Requires 20/20 far vision
? Visual color discrimination: Requires both red/green and blue/violet
? Visual depth perception: Moderate depth perception required
? Hearing:Requires hearing whispered voice at 20 feet
? Speech:Frequent, clear speaking ability required 4-8 hours
? Infections:(exposure) frequent exposure to infections