Administrative Assistant III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Ellsworth, ME 04605
Administrative Assistant III
HR, Legal, Safety, and Administrative
Exciting opportunity to be responsible for supporting the Director of Animal Operations and Administration Ellsworth Site! In this highly visible role, professionalism, discretion and preserving confidentiality are required and critical for success.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate have exemplary time management skills and the ability to identify and anticipate the needs of the various senior level individuals the role supports. This role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor with a broad range of individuals including members of the Management team, a variety of internal and external individuals representing a wide range of interests, consulting responsibilities, and needs of senior and mid-level leadership, administrative and operations staff. To perform this job successfully the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, personnel and institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion.
In addition, this role will be assisting with the extended workflow of animal operations management and other coordination including facility wide event planning and orchestration.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected along with autonomy, professional flexibility and successful multitasking skills.
- Serves as the primary contact for the Director, JMCRS Animal Program, and contact for Ellsworth management team
- Assists in performing day-to-day administration of the office
- Maintain sensitive files, answer & direct incoming calls, set up Video/WebEx meetings, process all travel & expense reports & expenditures
- Arrange travel and prepare travel itineraries
- Gathers and assembles information from a wide variety of sources in response to the initiatives of the Ellsworth site. Compiles the information into related reports or presentations for review in a timely manner.
- Schedules and hosts visitors and manages Ellsworth special events in collaboration with Bar Harbor team. Including planning meeting and creating itineraries, booking conference and/meeting rooms, planning workshops, luncheons etc.
- Provides extended support to the Associate GM Sacramento site, as required, when visit/travel.
- Knowledge of administrative processes as would typically be acquired through eight to ten years of work experience in a professional business environment working for senior level management and/or a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a closely related discipline.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose complex and executive level correspondences. Experience working in a position in which composition of business correspondences was a major responsibility.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (strong PowerPoint a must), SharePoint, Lawson, Concur, WebEx, Apple/PC operating systems etc.) and operation of other peripheral devices as well as applications specific to an office environment.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects to successful completion with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to forge relationships and networks within the Laboratory to provide the President notice of potential issues.
- Able to multi-task on a variety of assignments while remaining focused and professional. Needs to be flexible and adaptable in dealing with changing priorities and tasks.
- Must be able to travel at least 15% of time, domestic travel only
Please submit a cover letter of interest and updated resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Charles E. Hewett Center in Ellsworth, Maine, is a state-of-the-art facility that serves researchers world wide. The facility represents the culmination of nine decades of unmatched experience and leadership in breeding and caring for laboratory mice.
Ellsworth, Maine, is one of Maine’s fastest growing cities. With a growth rate of nearly 20%, Ellsworth is a bustling year-round community and acts as a hub for surrounding towns. It is located nearby Acadia National Park and hosts numerous special events, concerts and festivals each year. Residents have access to fabulous shopping, recreation, museums, galleries, and dining at a variety of independent restaurants.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, credit check, pre-employment physical, and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.