Senior Network Engineer, Yarmouth
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Senior Network Engineer, Yarmouth
We are growing and are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our hosting engineering team. The Senior Network Engineer will be in charge of design, implementation, installation, and maintenance of Tyler’s network and cloud infrastructures. The Senior Network Engineer serves as a Tier 3 point of contact for supporting both cloud and datacenter networks, designing requirements and implementing new solutions.
- Act as Tier 3 support and primary point of contact for troubleshooting and problem resolution of network connectivity and configuration issues
- Determine design and assess budgeting needs for future hardware and equipment purchases as well as cloud-based deployments
- Monitor network performance and take steps to ensure efficiency and up-time requirements are met in order to maintain strict client SLAs for application delivery / high availability
- Manage vendor relationships
- Maintain records necessary for audit compliance, including but not limited to PCI, SSAE, SOX, CJIS, FedRAMP
- Responsible for documentation for team members and business partners
- Promote best practices for implementation and maintenance of all networks
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study, MIS or equivalent experience.
- IT certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, AWS CSA-P, MS ASA, and/or CISSP desired (or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment)
- Deep experience with network design/implementation/support across multiple platforms including evaluating hardware and software networking requirements.
- Typically requires 5-8+ years of practical experience in Networking, TCP/IP setup and configuration, Cisco Routers/Switches, and VPN appliances.
- Proficiency with Cisco IOS/NX-OS, F5 and other network hardware.
- Holistic understanding of network components and systems integrations.
- Familiarity with cloud environments, designs, limitations, and optimizations. AWS experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of IT/network security practices as well as security practices in the cloud, including intrusion detection and prevention at all levels of the network.
- Solid understanding of cloud-based network orchestration and automation tools.
- Prior experience with multiple cloud-based deployments of network infrastructure (including automation of cloud deployments).
- Experience with cloud based cross account communication including direct connect and VPC peering
- Proficient routing/switching expertise: BGP, OSPF, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Port-Channeling, etc.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver clear and concise runbooks, network diagrams and other types of documentation
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Top-secret or CJIS (criminal justice information system) clearances may be required after hire. Candidates with active secret or top-secret clearances are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to travel 25-40%
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.