Staff Development Specialist (RN)-Nursing Administration
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
Based on current knowledge of evolving trends and standards in nursing and health care, the Staff Development Specialist participates in the design and evaluation of Nursing Services education plan for all nursing personnel. Develops and implements selected offerings and is available as a consultant on all others. Participates in organizational problem solving and decision making as appropriate. Works in collaboration with nursing management and administration to implement goals and programs at various levels of the organization.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Master s Degree preferably in Nursing plus two to three years of clinical experience with background in teaching. If Master s Degree is not in Nursing, Bachelor s Degree must be in Nursing.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required by the State of Maine and/or RCIS Technologist. Position may be shared by one or more disciplines.
- Experience: Comprehensive understanding of nursing theory and practice, organizational structures, related roles and relationships in order to support the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing. Usually acquired through one to two years related experience.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to lead individuals and groups through assessment and planning processes.
- Teaching skills sufficient to instruct groups ranging from 3-60 people.
- Thorough professional knowledge of the principles, practice methods and materials of professional nursing as well as knowledge of educational curriculum development and design in order to plan, develop, and implement educational offerings for personnel at all levels in the Department of Nursing.
- Analytical skills sufficient to diagnose learning needs associated with the practices and processes of nursing and to evaluate educational content and modalities..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 126552
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.