Retail Sales Associate III
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belfast, ME 04915
Belfast Retail Store
Belfast, ME, USA
One day you could be thanking donors for their bags of clothing, the next you could be pricing crockpots and placing them on shelves. This way, your work stays interesting.
We want to hire friendly people. That’s pretty much the main requirement of this job. We need people who can be kind, even in challenging situations. If you can be a kind, flexible teammate who is open to ever-changing tasks, we want you on our team!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
- Paid Holidays
Starting at $11.50 per hour!
Performs all daily tasks in the retail store, as assigned, to ensure high production output, clean safe environment, and a superior shopping experience that falls in line with a highest level of quality customer service. This position will also be assigned additional responsibilities, in rotation, supporting the management team.
- Sorting and pricing merchandise
- Operate power equipment
- Loading material for export
- Donation attendant
Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
Communication:Functions that pertain to various forms of interacting and collaborating with others.
- Proactively communicates with manager and entire support team in order to understand daily tasks and expectations
- Role models exceptional customer service by helping customers to locate merchandise, answering questions, solve problems, etc.
- Receives donations, issues donation receipts and assists donors when applicable
- Works with supervisors to ensure individual production goals are met on a consistent basis
- Mentor, train and encourage all employees’ development
- Represents employee perspective for department on committees and reports out information to employees
Knowledge:_ Functions that pertain to learning and maintaining levels of information necessary for success._
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as Agency policies
- Role models agency mission, vision and values in everyday work
- Administration:**_Functions that pertain to daily activities of running a business_
- Sorting merchandise into categories
- Pricing merchandise using best practices and stocking to sales floor plan
- Operate power equipment to organize and store donated product
- Loading material in to gaylords, trucks, and trailers for export
- Processes material at donation site by sorting donations made throughout the day
- Accepts Donations from customers, loading goods in to hampers for sort
- Running a cash register, ensuring accurate tenders and a balanced cash drawer.
- Pre-scanning books for processing
- General housekeeping
- Merchandising inventory according to sales floor plan
- Pulling merchandise from the sales floor as needed.
- Attending to fitting rooms
- Override and open locked drawers
- Inspect and sign off on returned merchandise
- Enter product orders/transfers into POS
- Sorts, tags and packages items for e-commerce in rotation with other Sales Associate III’s
- Inventories and merchandises New Goods in rotation with other Sales Associate III’s
- Acts as Safety Team Leader in rotation with other Sales Associate III’s
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
- Driving check that meets Agency standards
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift
- Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds
Communication – written
Communication – verbal
Basic Literacy skills
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
**Required**Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
Basic mathematical and literacy skills
- Licenses & Certifications
Certified in use of Baler
Cert. Lock out/Tag out
GINNE safety training
Cert. in use of Stacker
Cert. in use of Tilter
Posted: November 15, 2019