Patient Service Representative - Medical Oncology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Sanford, ME 04073
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) greets patients in a friendly and courteous manner, answers incoming telephone calls, schedules appointments, and performs other overall general office duties as assigned. The PSR promotes a smooth flow of patients through the office and helps to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. The PSR collects, verifies, enters, and monitors patient data while complying with the federal, state and MaineHealth confidentiality policies.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAS) * EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: N/A
- EXPERIENCE: Previous office experience with medical office experience helpful.
- Knowledge and skills in using office equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 126527
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.