Entry-Level Help Desk - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
Entry-Level Help Desk Support – customer service minded
6 month contract
45%: Customer service skills to include phone support and ticket support.
35%: Work with monitoring tools. Knowledge of at least one mainframe computer system including related components, their configuration and function
10%: Run batch for printing
10%: Analyze operations and arrange components into logical sequences.
- Monitors network and applications for completion and errors. Reports errors according to SOP’s.
- Acts as an extension to the Service Desk taking after hour’s calls to assist with troubles.
- Enters all calls into a log book and into an internet based tracking system for trouble tickets.
- Discriminates between critical and non-critical jobs, and makes contact with programmers as necessary.
- Browse pending, ongoing, and completed RFC’s, in order to keep a general knowledge of changes occurring, or that have been completed.
- Reports hardware problems on the IBM system. Usually I/O errors on tape drives, which must be documented into an internet based tracking system and paper log book. Document any other hardware problems in a similar manner.
- Mounts input tapes on the IBM system. Also, removes used output tapes from the loaders and file in the racks.
- Checks condition codes on certain IBM jobs to be sure they have run correctly. Reports failures to IBM System Analyst
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Windows 7, Intermediate
- Windows 8, Beginner
- PC/Laptop, Intermediate
- Excellent record of dependability
- Immediate availability
- Mainframe (application), Beginner.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Employer’s Job# 19-13583
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.