Anatomic Pathology Tech-Histology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04070
- May prepare exfoliative and aspiration cytologic specimens from all GYN and Non-GYN sources for cytologic examination by cytotechnologists and/or pathologists; or assist in the processing of tissue specimens. May perform frozen sections at Bramhall and outreach facilities including Plastic & Hand and Scarborough Surgery Center. Ensures that slides and tissue cassettes are labeled correctly and cases are complete prior to sending to the pathologist/cytotechnologist or Histology. Maintains a clean, well stocked, organized work area and performs basic preventative maintenance on equipment while monitoring and documenting quality control. Prepares solutions, reagents and stains as required. May recycle reagents. Interacts with NorDx staff and clients, uses laboratory information systems appropriately, and monitors inventory.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Completion of high school or equivalent is preferred. An Associates Degree in biological sciences or equivalent is preferred. Experience in a clinical laboratory preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: See Education
- Ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 126328
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.