Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant-MBH - Springvale
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springvale, ME 04083
Maine Behavioral Healthcare, a member of the MaineHealth System, is recruiting for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) or Psychiatric Physician Assistant (PA). Under the direction of the Director of Psychiatric Services and/or Medical Director, the NP/PA will provide face to face & tele-psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and health care to patients. The NP/PA will co-manage their caseloads with the physicians and care team. The position includes developing and recording a plan for effective and timely treatment for patients in a community based setting.
- Work collaboratively with patient s primary clinician in diagnostic evaluation, on-going medication assessment, and therapeutic treatment.
- Provide health screening and education regarding medications.
- Respond to requests for medical consultation in a timely fashion.
- Prescribe medical treatment within scope of practice.
- Complete medical records timely per policy.
- Respond to medical emergencies and determine need for transfer to accepting facility in collaboration with psychiatric care when needed.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is committed to creating a seamless system of behavioral healthcare across Maine, coordinating hospital psychiatric care with community based treatment services, and better access to medical care through integration with primary care services. Effectively coordinating client and patient care across multiple locations and treatment settings will not only provide optimal health outcomes, but serve as a national model for treating people with serious mental health issues. Maine Behavioral Healthcare s 30-plus clinical programs and nearly 30 service locations, from York to Norway to Belfast, is one of the broadest behavioral healthcare programs in the state.
REQUIRED MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: * Master s degree with an advanced knowledge of nursing theory and practice, and additional medical training.
- Advanced skill and knowledge in conducting psychiatric evaluations and treating patients.
- Current and valid license as a Nurse Practitioner by the Maine State Board of Nursing and qualified to do psychiatric evaluations and medication management.
- Specific credentialing criteria needed if working in the hospital as defined by Medical Staff By-Laws..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 125953
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.