Senior Business Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Job LocationsUS-ME-Bar Harbor | US-CT-Farmington
Senior Business Analyst
Marketing, Customer Support and Business Development
The Senior Business Analyst position is responsible for reporting, forecasting and driving coordinated action from analytical insight in line with the goals of the Opportunity Development, Marketing, Business, and Operations teams. This includes proactively identifying, analyzing, and initiating programs to drive revenue growth, cost savings, and enhanced customer value. This position requires the ability to interact with and influence stakeholders across multiple functional groups and multiple levels of leadership. The role reports to the Associate Director, Market Analytics, Strategy, & Product Development.
Designs, builds, maintains, and drives action from a near real-time tracking and reporting solution for key metrics across all functional areas
- Identifies key metrics to track and ensures accuracy and reliability of supporting data
- Develops and maintains forecasting tools to support the opportunity development and marketing teams
- Works to continually asses the effectiveness of the opportunity development and marketing teams and initiates creative solutions to address complex business challenges
- Ensures optimal execution and attainment of growth objectives through statistical analysis on sales and marketing data and information.
- Develops, maintains, and drives action from analyses to measure the trends, efficiencies, and effectiveness of ODM marketing/sales resource allocation and utilization.
- Develops and maintains monthly sales and marketing report to accurately reflect sales, trends and key initiatives
Provides data and reporting leadership
- Ensures the accuracy of the data and the effectiveness of the analytics infrastructure and acts as liaison with information technology in identifying and resolving problems.
- Facilitates increased data-fluency and data-driven-decision-making across all functions within the organization through influence around data-driven insights through established analytics infrastructure and tools.
- Influences organization on best practices in data-driven decision making and data governance.
Provides both scheduled and ad-hoc business and market analysis for opportunity development and marketing in support of major efforts such as campaigns and events
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Eight or more year’s work experience in business analysis or equivalent
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills to prioritize complex tasks, projects, and workflow, and use independent judgment to make decisions regarding operations and deadlines
- Ability to effectively persuade and influence the thinking of stakeholders across multiple functional groups and multiple levels of leadership through social and verbal interactions and presence.
- Demonstrated ability to be a positive team player across diverse internal and external organizations
- Excellent skills with at least one business intelligence or data visualization software tool such as PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview, SAP, R, etc. Programming experience (SQL, R, Python, M, etc.) preferable.
- Ability to travel – must have valid driver’s license
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Conn., and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, Calif., and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.