Clerk-Ward Unit (Full Time)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Westbrook, ME 04098
POSITION SUMMARY: The Unit Clerk provides a clerical support function at the nursing station. Clerical support includes telephone communication, typing, data entry, scheduling of some personnel and requisition of medical supplies from Central Supply. A current Certified Nursing Assistant certification (CNA) is preferred. Genesis Healthcare offers CNA courses and is willing to train the right individual for this position.
1. Delivers new admission chart to unit and initiates forms in preparation for admission;
2. Faxes physicians’ orders daily;
3. Delivers any faxed printouts to the appropriate department;
4. Completes daily transfer of the vital signs and weights from the daily assignment sheet to the customer’s chart;
5. Checks the supply drawer at the nurses’ station and re-stocks as needed;
6. Maintains an orderly and neat nurses’ station;
7. Screens all incoming phone calls for nursing and forwards messages;
8. Schedules appointments with physicians for the customers; relays the information to nursing;
9. Initiates any phone calls to the physician, family members or personnel;
10. Types as directed by Nursing Administration;
11. Schedules professional agency personnel as directed and supervised by the DNS – is to be the contact person for the agency;
12. Notifies other interdisciplinary departments of any changes;
13. Maintains a current bathing schedule on the bath record for nurse aides;
14. Greets visitors, guests, customers, etc. and provide information/directions in accordance with company policies and procedures;
15. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights;
16. Ordering medical supplies, under the direction of the DNS;
17. Note: In the planned absence of the Records Coordinator, the Unit Clerk will prepare monthly nurse aide records, monthly summaries, and file the previous month’s nurse aide records and summaries;
18. Data Entry into the computer or appropriate manual systems shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
18.1 Daily entry of labs listed in the laboratory log book at each nurses’ station
18.2 Daily back up of the computer
18.3 Entering all new admission information on the customer’s face sheet
18.4 Updating and revising other customer information daily
18.5 Delivering lab reports to the appropriate nursing unit daily and as needed
18.6 Monitoring the supply of computer paper
19. Transcription of written orders in preparation for review by licensed nurse.
20. The Unit Clerk will also act as Relief Receptionist when the Receptionist is on vacation, ill, or on other planned absences;
21. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. The Unit Clerk position requires a high school degree with college/business school coursework.2. Experience with medical terminology and transcription is preferred.3. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 326376
Center Name: Springbrook Center
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, “Genesis”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.