Production Group Leader
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04070
POSITION TITLE: PRODUCTION GROUP LEADER
LOCATION: SCARBOROUGH, ME
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a PRODUCTION GROUP LEADER within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at Scarborough, ME. In this role, you will Perform work required for the assembly of components, devices, and/or the final product depending on the trade assigned. Employees in this class are expected to become skilled specialists in specified work centers exercising independent judgment in the field and have a solid understanding of quality expectations. Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs work required for the assembly of components, devices and/or the final product with limited daily instruction
- Assist Supervisor and Team Leaders with scheduling/deployment in the specified work center.
- Ensures quality of product through the use of standard operating procedures, templates, training and supervision, and good judgment
- Provides input for enhancing efficiencies and modifying/creating SOPs/training materials to ensure accuracy/quality or improve productivity
- Must have a firm understanding of quality standards and be able to make independent judgment based on those standards.
- High School Diploma and 2 years of manufacturing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer literacy
- cGMP exposure
- Prior experience working in a similar industry or manufacturer
- Ability to train other employees and motivate employees within work cell
- Customer focused
- Focused on completing tasks
- Good communication skills
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world — in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals — that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employer’s Job# REQ19100233
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.