RN Case Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bangor, ME 04401
RN Case Manager (19009712)
What You Will Do:
Provides, coordinates and directs the provision of home health nursing services and case management processes according to the assigned patient’s individualized plan of care based on agency policies and procedures, through the competent application of nursing process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency indiscipline specific patient care skills, required by the care center for theprovision of patient care.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments and collaborateswith patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST, MSW, andparaprofessionals) and other health care professionals to develop/modify andimplement an individualized patient plan of care as per physician orders thatensures quality, proper discharge planning and achieves desired outcomes andgoals.
- Implements appropriate nursing clinical programs andinitiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides clinical episode management according to Amedisys’processes including oversight of patient’s individualized plan of care and careplan changes as deemed necessary by patient’s status or physician’s orderedcare.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and nationallyrecognized standards of practice to deliver high quality care and achieveexcellent patient specific outcomes.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by thepatient’s identified needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Promotes and maintains patient health and independencethrough teaching and appropriate rehabilitative measures, assisting patients inlearning appropriate self-care techniques. Advocates and ensures patientparticipation in care planning and goals of care.
- Supervises caseload including LPN’s and Home Health Aides.Facilitates care coordination with PRN staff when care is provided forcaseload.
- Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the pointof care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines, includingOASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications, ABNs, subsequent visits,physician orders, care coordination etc.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a RegisteredNurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work for the company.
- a. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutualrecognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in hisor her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical andelectronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses mustlegally reside in an NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Current CPR certification.
- One (1 ) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse(RN).
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal/State rules andregulations, ACHC standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Reliable transportation and agency required liabilityinsurance.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of thecomputer, such as, user names, password concepts, internet, email, navigationof computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows,effective use of navigation buttons and tool bars, ability to self-manageonline HR services and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.