Senior Database Administrator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04101
Provide technical leadership in analysis, design, building, testing, implementation & support of technologies within the assigned work-space
Develop and implement processes, procedures and standards that contribute to quality and scale
Provide technology life cycle management in accordance with company policies
Contribute to the creation and execution on technical plans for M&A integrations
Plan, design, build, test and support technology components
Develop and implement plans to transition technology components to IT Operations
Ensure security and audit compliance
Ensure both external and internal service levels can be met
Participate in pre-scheduled 24×7×365 system on-call support
As a cloud first organization, candidate must demonstrate a willingness to master and support alternative on premise relational database technologies including SQL Server, MySql, Informix, MongoDB, as well as cloud based technologies in AWS and other cloud providers
Partner with Enterprise Architecture in identifying and evaluating new technologies to support business requirements
Partner with other IT Organizations to ensure technology is being leveraged to its fullest extent in support of the business
Partner with external vendors and service providers to learn about offerings that can enhance functionality and scale
Partner with cloud engineering team to develop and enforce standards, and support cloud based relational databases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience working with multiple versions of SQL Server
- Requires strong technical expertise in multiple areas (log shipping, replication, performance tuning, monitoring, data purging /migration techniques, automation, etc)
- Requires analytical ability, strong judgment, problem solving skills, and effective human relations skills to work cross functionally across the Enterprise with staff and all levels of management in various disciplines
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to function in a complex environment thru multi-tasking and establishing and communicating priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management and outsourced service provider.
- Strong listening and collaboration skills; must work effectively with application developers, QA, and Data Architects.
- Strong relational database analysis and design skills; ability to translate business requirements into designs that perform appropriately.
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL; ability to transfer knowledge to others.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Solid understanding of backup/recovery technologies; ability to specify requirements to the Provider and ensure the requirements are met.
- Working knowledge of Informix, MySql, and MongoDB (willing to learn these technologies)
- Experience with Amazon RDS and EC2
- Ability to apply DBMS features/functions to solve a business problem.
- Post graduate course work in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus
- A positive attitude.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETS/DISABILITY
Employer’s Job# R1091
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.