Patient Access Associate - Offsite Registration
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
[Administrative/Clerical]“,”major_score":0.6,“minor_code”:“20010”,“minor_description”:“[Administrative/Clerical] Administrative Support – General”,minor_score“company_name”:“Maine Health (Digital)”,“clientid”:"",id,“entity_status”:“Open”,scout_orgid,“scout_userid”:“989D”,scout_teamid,“language”:“en”,“ats_portalid”:“PositionManager”,“industry”:“Healthcare/Medical”,“function”:“Clerical”,“title”:“Patient Access Associate – Offsite Registration”,“ref”:“126324”,“primary_city”:“Biddeford”,“primary_state”:“ME”,“primary_zip”:"",“primary_country”:“US”,“primary_address”:"",primary_location],“addtnl_locations”:,“description”:"**Per Diem**
- Position Summary
- This position is the initial contact for patients with Southern Maine Medical Center, and as such must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills in all interactions. This position has the responsibility for complete and accurate patient registration, insurance verification, medical necessity validation, identifying and collecting amounts due from the patient, entering orders, and providing for an efficient flow of clinical, administrative and clerical tasks in multiple systems. Obtain patient signatures on consent, assignment forms and applicable insurance denial notices. Assists with and arranges accommodations for patients with special needs. All tasks are required to be done per established protocols and accuracy standards while demonstrating the SMHC mission to improve the health and health care of the communities we serve. To be successful in this role, the employee must be competent, flexible, and adaptive to changes in healthcare delivery and technology.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- One year direct patient registration and customer service experience required.
- Working knowledge of diagnostic and procedure coding systems which impact the registration, pre-certification, and medical necessity functions required.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and insurance requirements needed.
- Must pass a written and demonstrative competency test.
- Good interpersonal skills required, with an ability to interact with patients and others, both in person and over the telephone, in a courteous, tactful, and effective manner.
- Completed job requirements for Patient Access Rep I and maintains proficiency in, at least, 2 departmental areas..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 126324
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.