Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse LPN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Portland, ME 04106
Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse LPN (19010547)
What You Will Do:
As a hospice nurse for Amedisys, you have the special opportunity to provide one on one hospice care to terminally ill patients in their home. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient to provide and maintain continuity of patient care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Collaborate with a full hospice interdisciplinary team to implement and deliver nursing care as outlined in a patient specific care plan for the patient and caregivers.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient’s health and condition using required documents such as clinical progress notes using a clinician preferred technology and within established timelines.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team and attend patient care conferences to maintain continuity of care.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a practical/vocational nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Previous hospice or homecare experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.