Retail Shift Supervisor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
Biddeford, ME, USA #2410
Biddeford, ME, USA
Feel good about where you work!
Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes – all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.
Goodwill Northern New England – good works here!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Starting at: $12.75 per hour depending on experience!
- Assists the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager with management retail store operations. Assumes full responsibility for all store operations in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Help customers locate merchandise, answer questions etc.
- Relieve sales associates at peak times
- Listen to customer complaints, examine returned merchandise, and resolve problems
- Stocks shelves, counters, bins and racks with merchandise
- Processes customer sales using a cash register and other equipment
- Receives donations, provides donation receipts and assists donors
- Closes registers: totals/summarizes funds received, endorses checks, prepares bank deposit slip
- Deposits funds at a bank.
- Assists w/performance management and hiring process (documentation, interviewing, reviews, etc.)
- Assists Store Managers w/ general store management/operations
- Open/close store; secures all store premises including building where applicable
- Maintain store premises
- Supervise personnel in absence of Managers
- Valid driver’s license permitting operation of a vehicle with a safe driving record
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift. Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
Basic Literacy skills
Ability to multitask
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Peer Recognition:Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School Diploma/GED or better
1 year:1+ years of supervisor experience
1 year:1+ years of retail experience
Demonstrated knowledge of basic retail practices and procedures
- Licenses & Certifications
Drive. Lic. – Class C
Posted: November 7, 2019