Distribution Designer (Utility)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Performs complex detailed design of overhead and /or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates.
1. Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying the prescribed standards, guides, specification, and procedures.
2. Direct assigned project to meet project schedule by performing the following:Prepare manual or computer assisted design and construction drawings of a complex nature
ii. Perform design services requiring a full understanding of drawings, specifications, and industry and client standards
iii. Preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluations, and requisitions.
iv. Perform distribution system design calculations.
3. Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
4. Apply the client’s standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
5. Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
6. Perform load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
7. Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
8. Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
9. Direct, mentor, train, and Quality check the work of less experienced Designers or any level of Distribution Analysts.
Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering /Technology from an accredited college or university. Management may consider other education and work experience to be acceptable for appointment to this position.
5+ years of utility distribution design experience with a utility or consulting engineering firm with demonstrated project capability.
Demonstrated ability and/or experience with GIS systems and CAD systems (AutoCad).
Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
Demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled