Senior Substation Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
The Senior Substation Engineer will function as the responsible Substation Engineer and provide overall project coordination and engineering supervision on assigned projects. Experience in all areas of electrical and physical design of high voltage substations from 12 kV through 500 kV is required. Prior utility or consulting experience is a plus.? Positions are available in Augusta Maine and various TRC location throughout New England.
?Essential Functions of Position:
- Design various substation systems of varying size and complexity. Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Preliminary designs and budgetary engineering and construction estimates.
- Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives.
- Perform detailed designs
- Be familiar with the Company’s and client’s drawing systems and standards, industry standards.
- Be familiar with applicable industry standards including the National Electric Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), and IEEE.
- Prepare equipment specifications, proposal evaluations and requisitioning.
- Prepare engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of equipment and systems.
- Coordinate equipment delivery and design engineering to meet construction schedules.
- Gather or acquire on-site measurements and other data to accomplish the design or enable the evaluation of equipment performance.
- Perform checking of completed engineering designs for adequacy of design and documentation and quality assurance.
- Monitor the construction of various electrical systems as assigned to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitor construction work to assure conformance with plans and specifications.
- Monitor work to assure compliance with applicable engineering and construction codes and practices.
- Monitor construction schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Direct changes to the work when requested by the Resident Engineer.
- Aid in receiving, inspection, and approval of equipment and materials.
- Act as Resident Engineer, if required, on projects of moderate size and complexity.
- Manage and coordinate the engineering effort on assigned projects. Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Serve as project coordinator, project engineer, or project manager on assigned projects.
- Supervise engineers, designers and drafters in project teams to implement the engireering and design.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, work plans, project budget estimates and schedules.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of projects to ensure correctness and completeness of project designs.
- Prepare reports and feasibility studies for submission to management.
- Coordinate project schedules with project managers to ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Assist department and operations managers in the planning of resources and staff workload
- Assist in the professional development, training, and evaluation of department personnel.
The candidate shall possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering and shall have 7+ years of progressive experience in the field of Substation Engineering, requiring a high degree of responsibility and independent work.
The candidate will have a strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills. EIT/FE registration is required and the ability to attain professional registration (PE) is preferred. Travel may be required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled