Truck Driver-Class A ** $300 Sign On Bonus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Gorham, ME 04038
Gorham Warehouse / Store
Gorham, ME, USA
- $300 Sign On Bonus **
Goodwill Northern New England – good works here!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:****
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Benefits including: Health, Life, Dental and Vision. (Full time employees receive full benefits and part time employees receive pro-rated benefits)
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- Discounts on Personal Cell Phone Plans
- Local community discounts
- 403b retirement plan
- Flexible scheduling
Starting Hourly Wage: $17.50
- Collects, transports, and/or delivers goods to various Agency retail stores, processing sites, and salvage operations.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Drives Agency trucks and Tractor Trailer with up to 53’ box, delivers and or picks up product at specified destination(s) in a courteous and responsible manner.
- Maintains contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions as necessary.
- Obtains and maintains a powered industrial truck license.
- Maintains neat and clean donation sites in order to portray positive image of Goodwill.
- Inspects truck and tractor components such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water on daily basis; follows truck maintenance schedule; assures that truck is properly cleaned.
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing and requires an annual DOT physical.
- Loads and unloads both trucks and tractor trailers and secures cargo before and during transit as necessary.
- Maintains accurate mileage and time logs according to state and federal regulations, as well as Agency procedures. Including accurately maintain mileage driven in any state outside of the state of Maine.
- Operates baler, filling, compressing, tying off and moving bales of materials to assigned storage areas when needed as well as operates a forklift in safe and efficient manner as needed.
- Performs daily maintenance on forklift an trucks as needed.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid Class A driver’s license permitting operation of a vehicle in the State of Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont as applicable with a safe driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to handle strenuous physical activity and occasional heavy lifting
- Demonstrated to perform routine truck maintenance
- Successful completion of pre-employment and physical tests which may include drug and alcohol testing
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
Posted: November 2, 2019