Electrical System Protection Engineer II/III (Rela
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
Responsible for system protection engineering associated with electrical protective relay systems for generation, transmission and distribution systems with emphasis on quality and project costs. This includes protective relay design (protective relay one-lines and schematics), protective relay setting coordination, development and calculations. Expected to follow client requirements and internal company quality control and quality assurance practices. Expected to serve as the interface with clients, other company departments, outside consultants, contractors, suppliers, and manufacturers on technically related matters. Expected to serve as Lead Engineer or technical reviewer on assigned projects. Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and project management team members to coordinate overall project deliverables and be responsible for helping maintain project budgets and schedules.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Provides technical guidance and coordination regarding solutions necessary to meet client and project goals.
- Takes a lead role in resolving problems, procedures, and methods working with the customer, TRC personnel, contractors, and suppliers.
- Prepares and/or reviews project scopes and concepts.
- Performs checking on projects for accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as lead engineer on assigned projects.
- Promote efficient flow of information and ensure complete and accurate record keeping.
- Responsible for effective project planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Responsible for providing status and progress information to management.
- Ensure the effective technical support of department needs and requirements.
- Represent the company and its clients on technical matters.
- Assist in the professional development of other engineers.
- Assist with internal training.
- Assist field personnel during relay testing and commissioning, answering questions and ensuring the test results are acceptable.
- Attends meetings and conferences and researches, as necessary, to keep informed of technical development in the power industry.
- Perform other department duties as required.
- Graduate of four year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer is preferred.
- 3 – 10 years of experience in protection and control engineering and relay settings preferred, 10+ encouraged to apply
- Proficient in protective relay engineering theories and principles.
- Experience with short circuit modeling (ASPEN, CAPE etc).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled