Associate Project Manager-Transportation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
Associate Project Manager-Transportation
The position is ultimately responsible for successfully managing the implementation of Tyler software for new and existing accounts, and/or will be responsible for managing a high volume of projects that are small in scope. As the incumbent gains knowledge and experience the incumbent will own one or several projects from the initial contract signing through formal transition to the support department.
Work with our integrated district management solutions that help school districts bridge information gaps across all departments. From school ERP to student information and transportation, you can help districts of all sizes achieve more by improving transparency between parents and schools, advancing operations, and enabling data-driven decisions.
- Become knowledgeable regarding the steps and processes staff are responsible for to ensure Tyler software is implemented on time and within budget at client sites. May initially handle simple and/or small projects, receiving direction from more experienced staff.
- Develop the implementation project plan and officially start projects by conducting kick-off meetings with clients and other staff as needed. Project plans outline the scope, schedule, and budget of the project, as well as each party’s responsibilities and mutual commitment to contribute adequate resources to follow the plan.
- May assist more experienced staff on tasks (either within the scope of a project(s) and/or during training/shadowing).
- Work with the sales team as the contract is signed, becoming familiar with contract requirements, program modifications, and other site-specific background information.
- Manage all aspects of projects related to delivery of client software and services including: Coordinating necessary resources to meet project needs.
Planning and tracking all project activity.
Guiding the client through release planning in support of the overall project schedule.
Tracking project hours and submitting project progress reports by due dates.
Managing scope, time and cost to meet client commitments.
Managing communication throughout the team and stakeholders.
Managing the quality of project team deliverables.
Managing the project budget.
Documenting and reporting status and issues.
Identifying, reporting and managing risks; overcoming project obstacles.
Acting as a client liaison and representative communicating client feedback to appropriate Tyler representatives; acting to resolve outstanding issues on behalf of client in a timely manner.
- Conduct planning sessions with the client’s key functional leaders to create a series of documented management plans that specify the project plan and scope.
- Work with various departments to ensure resources are scheduled and monitor progress to ensure compliance with the project plan, immediately notifying affected parties of any schedule changes.
- Use departmental sites/calendars/systems to publish a summary of key dates and issues to all Tyler employees involved in the project, such as development, implementation, support, and other project managers.
- Obtain regular feedback from clients regarding project status and quality of service and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Communicate completion of milestones to clients and secure formal acceptance from them.
- Upon project completion conduct meetings with clients to ensure a smooth transition of services from implementation to support.
- Communicate with the implementation staff and management regularly, ensuring timely delivery of schedules and revenue projections; relaying personnel, client, contract, and departmental issues; seeking assistance as needed with meeting revenue goals; and responding to directives that are issued to meet department goals.
- Maintain the project team’s calendar commitments by keeping all project event information current.
- May identify add-on sales opportunities and manage contract addendum and purchase orders.
- Work toward obtaining PMP certification and maintain status after certification.
- Travel to client site as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or comparable work experience.
- Typically a minimum of two years of experience as an implementation professional (or equivalent/like experience).
- Software life cycle knowledge.
- Strong planning, organizational skills and ability to follow-through until process are completed.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using computers and exposure to IT infrastructure components.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude.
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.