CT TECHNOLOGIST II - AR GOULD
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT:
The staff CT Technologist performs CT scan examinations of selected
portions of the anatomy as requested by the clinician. The CT Scan
Technologist is expected toperform a variety of procedures with the
knowledge and ability to apply a prescribed amount of x-radiation for
the purpose of obtaining diagnostic quality CT scans for interpretation
by the radiologist.
1. Performs CTscan procedures in accordance with departmental
protocols and procedures within standard time frames.
2. Maintains equipment in good operating condition and operates
equipment according to department and manufacturer’s recommendations.
3. Prepares ando rients patients to the procedures.
4. Is cooperative and helpful in a clear and courteous manner to
co-workers, staff, patients and visitors.
5. Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of CT scan
technology and participates in continuing education.
6. Performs radiologic procedures in accordance with
departmental protocols when not assigned to CT scan duties.
7. Keeps current on issues with radiation safety does and
1. Current registration by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists R(RT) and R(CT)(or registry eligible).To keep position
must become R(CT) within 18 months.
2. Current licensure by the State of Maine as required by the
Medical Radiation Health and Safety Act.
Eight hours per day on a rotating schedule with periodi covertime, must
participate in weekend, holiday and on-call rotation in CT.
Must be proficient in all assigned aspects of general CT scanning and
radiation protection, with two to five years experience is preferred
but not necessary.
High school graduate or equivalent. Satisfactory completion of formal
radiologic training in an AMA approved program and the ability to meet
the requirements for registry by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (AART). Obtain Board Certification. BLS is required
within the first week of employment. Employees must maintain CPR
certification throughout employment when in a clinical position.
De-escalation and workplace violence training will be completed at hire
prior to release from orientation.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Respect for fellow employees and supervisors; integrity andethical
behavior; service quality aimed at customers, physicians, and
patients;and excellence in achieving higher performance standards.
Willingness to compromise and to work co-operatively.
1. Standing 4 -7 hours/day
2. Walking 4 -7 hours/day
3. Lifting over 50 lbs with good body mechanics or 25 – 50 lbs
with improper body mechanics
4. Twisting,infrequent, 1 – 120 twists/day
5. Bending,infrequent, 1 -120 bends/day
6. Endurance,moderate energy requirements
7. Wristposition, slight deviation
8. Pinching,moderate, 130 – 480 pinches/day
9. Manual dexterity is frequent with fine motor skills required
10. Right and left handedness 70 – 100% of the job cycle
11. Both handedness up to 35 % of the job cycle
12. Near and far vision requires 20/40
13. Visual depth perception, moderate
14. Hearing requires hearing whispered voice at 20 feet
15. Infections,frequent exposure
16. Speech,frequent, clear speaking ability required