Office Practice Leader (Environmental Permitting)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Team Leader/Principal Environmental Permitting professional to manage our Planning, Permitting, and Licensing team located primarily in the Augusta Maine office.
Business unit management position to serve as a focal point for environmental planning, resource impact studies and approvals of energy sector projects in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions.
- We are looking for someone with the ability to effectively lead a multi-disciplinary team toward accomplishing strategic goals who is ideally a seller/doer with a reputation of building and maintaining key client relationships.
- This position is responsible for profitable growth, mentoring, and managing of an existing multimedia environmental practice consisting of 15+ professionals including wetland/wildlife scientists, project managers, planners, GIS analysts, and stormwater specialists working out of a group of offices.
- Oversee performance of office and project managers — profitability, budget control, AR/unbilled, proposal review and development, contract approval, and overall business management functions.
- The individual will be responsible for collaborating with TRC’s national Market Directors to support and expand business lines (e.g., utility/transmission, renewables, development, water, transportation).
- Manage projects for power generation, power transmission, pipeline and renewable energy projects, and develop and execute a profitable growth plan to serve clients in the region, creating a stronger
- BA/BS degree in Environmental Sciences or related fields. MS degree preferred.
- The successful candidate will have at least 15 years working with cross disciplinary engineering teams, and performing and managing the planning, permitting, compliance, and engineering studies for energy, transportation and or development projects.
- TRC’s strategic clients operate in the utility, renewable energy, transportation, and oil and gas sectors. Expertise in these arenas is required.
- Applicant should have knowledge and experience with regulatory permits and approvals in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, USFWS and the USACE, and strong working relationships with federal and state agencies.
- Applicants must be able to effectively manage and build a staff; coordinate with sub-consultants.
- Integrate well with existing multidisciplinary TRC staff; interact successfully with clients and other stakeholders; and efficiently manage project budgets and schedules.
General attributes required of all TRC employees include commitment to TRC Values: Safety, Quality, Integrity, Creativity, Accountability, Teamwork and Passion.
TRC offers competitive salaries based on experience and qualifications and a full benefits package, including health insurance, paid holiday and vacation time, and 401(k).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled