Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04330
TRC is a national engineering, consulting, and construction management firm that provides integrated engineering, consulting and construction management services to the Environmental, Power, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure markets. The company is a rapidly growing, highly acquisitive, entrepreneurial company with lots of opportunities. To handle growth activity as well as the continuous evaluation and improvement of systems and processes, the company is looking to hire a Financial Analyst who will provide actionable insight to the leadership team to help drive profitable growth. TRC is seeking someone that brings a very proactive orientation and is willing to roll up his/her sleeves. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an industry leading business led by a highly motivated and dynamic CEO with strong support from a private equity partner. The Financial Analyst/Accountant role works closely with the National Operations Practice Leader, Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Finance in the following areas: analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management, and assisting with annual budgeting and forecasting.
- Collaborate on the annual budget process and monthly forecasts, working with all functional areas across the business
- Monitor and measure progress against targets and initiatives utilizing the BI platform by partnering with business teams across the organization to develop leading and lagging KPIs/dashboards
- Review and analyze financial data to identify risks, opportunities and trends to provide management with insight that will help drive decision making
- Assist in preparation of month-end reporting packages for senior and executive level business leaders to communicate financial results.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting and analysis to support broader finance group as needed; Develop and enhance reporting as needed in consultation with and/or at request of Sales Leadership
- Consolidate periodic region forecasts and assess for reasonableness based on trends, key customer activity, impact of innovation, etc.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis and scorecards to help functional leaders evaluate business performance
- Review of budget vs. actual employee data (utilization, multiplier, labor rates)
- Analysis of booking vs burn rate and track trend
- Review of soft backlog, including analysis of budget vs. actual spent on proposals
- Analysis of positive and negative labor cross charges
- Review of budget vs. actual indirect charges at line item detail level
- Analyze and develop recommendations for operational/budget plan changes to improve key financials
- Assist development of fiscal year budgeting
- Assist and review project financials (i.e., budgets, project tracking, multipliers, profit margin, aged AR, DSO, etc.)
- Review weekly and monthly reports (i.e., labor details, Variance reports, utilization, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in finance or business administration
- 5-10 years of relevant financial analysis experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts
- Results oriented with a demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Desire to think big and dive deep; strong attention to detail with big picture perspective. Be able to tell the story and answer the “So What?” behind the numbers.
- Cost accounting and financial planning
- Familiarity with reading and analyzing profit and loss statements
- Experience with Deltek Vision and Adaptive
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
TRC offers career advancement potential and a competitive compensation package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information about TRC or to apply for this position please visit our website at
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled