Talent Acquisition Operations Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Job LocationsUS-ME-Bar Harbor
Talent Acquisition Operations Assistant
HR, Legal, Safety, and Administrative
The Talent Acquisition Operations Assistant (TA Operations Assistant) supports the Talent Acquisition team by providing operational support and services to candidates, new hires, recruiters, and hiring managers. The TA Operations Assistant builds strong networks and relationships internally and externally and demonstrates a high level of initiative and independence in their work as well as professionalism in representing JAX. The TA Operations Assistant strengthens the organization through supporting effective hiring and onboarding processes and providing an excellent candidate experience.
- Schedules onsite interviews for candidates which includes many collaborative efforts; developing itineraries with the hiring team, working with the travel agent on travel details, and working with recruiters on timely candidate communications.
- Processes expense reports for candidates, processes recruiting related invoices, and reconciles monthly accounting reports.
- Creates and manages reports and ensures team deadlines are met.
- Facilitates team meetings; schedules and creates agendas.
- Supports the TA Director and team in special projects, creates PowerPoint and other presentations as required. Maintains TA team project library and timelines.
- Maintains the team’s shared drive, updating and advising as required.
- Schedules pre-employment physicals and conducts background checks.
- Builds effective and trusted relationships with applicants, hiring managers, new employees and others as needed to ensure exceptional customer experience and effective stewardship.
- Responsible for onboarding of new hires for various locations
- Must have High School diploma or GED. Associates or Bachelors Degree is a plus.
- Must have proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint or recruiting related software products (such as applicant tracking systems) is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience working effectively in a fast paced team environment coordinating schedules, itineraries, in high volume and tight deadline conditions where attention to detail is critical for success.
- Ability to prioritize, be resourceful, and drive creative solutions with a high level of independence and effective communication.
- Self-motivated, proactive, team player, dedicated and driven to succeed and contribute to their team’s success; takes initiative and follows-through. Offers innovative and constructive ideas to continue our team’s success and efficiency.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and a fast learner.Strong interpersonal, professional and relationship building skills and ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in all situations to effectively work with a diverse workforce.
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX, ) is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,300 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health. A National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center, JAX has a mammalian genetics headquarters in Bar Harbor, Maine, a facility in Sacramento, California, and a genomic medicine facility, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM), in Farmington, Connecticut.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.