Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Job LocationsUS-ME-Bar Harbor
Located in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine, The Jackson Laboratory is a leading global genetics research institute that is growing and seeking talented individuals to join the team!
We are currently seeking a Product Owner reporting to the Manager of the JAX Mice and Clinical Research Services (JMCRS) Solutions Team. This unique team, positioned in the heart of the business, drives creation of efficient, effective software-based workflow solutions. Solutions encompass multiple, diverse, and complex applications supporting the business, including Microsoft Dynamics AX2009, Microsoft D365, Salesforce, Platform for Science, Sitecore, and others. This position serves as a liaison between business stakeholders and the IT scrum team and is responsible for defining the vision and value of the product to maximize the value of the work produced by IT. The Product Owner is responsible for managing the Product Backlog.
- Envisions the final product, communicates the vision to the scrum team, motivates the team to subscribe to the vision, and sees the vision through to completion
- Ensures management, stakeholders, and sponsors are informed and the vision is aligned with the strategic direction; communicates the business benefits of the entire product and each individual feature
- Creates, maintains, and outlines work in the Product Backlog; determines which activities will produce the most business value
- Clearly expresses Product Backlog items – writes User Stories, defines clear acceptance criteria to support the scrum execution
- Understands the varying needs of different types of users, and works with the user group in order to make sound decisions and determine what features will be in the product release
- Ranks the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and objectives
- Works collaboratively within a scrum team to deliver features with the highest customer value
- Maintains availability to teams, showing commitment by taking necessary steps to build the best product possible and being actively engaged with teams
- Displays leadership in making clear decisions that support the product roadmap and vision
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or related area preferred
- Five years’ experience in Business Analysis or as a Product Owner
- Strong understanding of Scrum practices, particularly around measuring business value and prioritization
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong facilitation skills
- Positive attitude and professional manner in all interactions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Pro-active strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Advanced proficiency with minimum of five years of experience in MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- Experience with Azure DevOps preferred
Please submit a cover letter of interest and resume!
The Jackson Laboratory (www.jax.org) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,200 employees. With a mammalian genetics institute as its headquarters campus in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Conn., JAX® Mice and Clinical Research Services facilities in Sacramento, Calif. and Ellsworth, Maine. The Laboratory’s mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Laboratory is the world’s source for more than 11,000 strains of genetically defined mice, is home of the Mouse Genome Informatics and Mouse Phenome databases, and is a hub for scientific courses, conferences, training and education.The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about career opportunities at JAX: .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.