User Experience Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Yarmouth, ME 04096
User Experience Intern
The Software User Experience Intern will experience the day-to-day development practices of a high-tech software company. This person will be a valuable resource and will help define the vision of Tyler software products by following a user centered design process. This includes conducting user interviews, usability studies, sketching and creating interactive prototypes during an iterative design cycle. To ensure that this is a well-rounded, real-world experience, the intern will receive guidance from a Product Manager, participate in team meetings, and work on actual projects in the live software.
- Contribute to designing the behavior and interfaces for Tyler’s ERP software solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and the User Experience (UX) team.
- Help define user scenarios and requirements based on research and provided specifications.
- Sketch and create interactive prototypes to explore alternate solutions.
- Contribute to the usability testing cycle.
- Assist in user research activities such as persona and mental model development.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, New Media, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of User Centered Design, including user research and usability testing techniques.
- Knowledge of user interface design principles and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.