Surgical Technologist II-General Surgery BMCD
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
- Position Summary
- The Surgical Technologist’s responsibilities involve preparing the operating room and instruments, equipment and supplies that will be needed, as well as passing instruments, sponges and sutures to surgeons. Implicit in this assignment is the responsibility to promote positive, effective communication with all team members.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology preferred.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Surgical Tech preferred.
- Minimum of six months having the responsibilities/activities of the scrub role in the academic or clinical setting preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide quality patient care while communicating effectively with members of the surgical team..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 125500
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.