Companion Sitter-Nursing Float Pool
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
A great opportunity for those with excellent communication skills to gain experience in a healthcare setting, sitting one on one with patients who are in need of additional support. Under the supervision of a registered nurse, and according to the established policies and procedures, the companion sitter will provide service duties to patients as needed, requirements varying from assignment to assignment. No direct patient care is required. Qualified applicants must have weekend availability.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school graduate preferred.
- CNA, Psychiatric Technician, Medical Assistant desirable.
- CRS preparation not required.
- Experience in the field of healthcare helpful but not required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and complete institutional training.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain continuous relationships with patients, visitors and other SMHC employees..
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Employer’s Job# 125069
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.