MEPS - Field Interviewer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Woolwich, ME 04579
MEPS – Field Interviewer
Westat is currently seeking motivated and detail-oriented individuals to collect data on the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) in Sagadahoc County. MEPS, a study of health care costs and usage in the United States, is sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Every year since 1996, MEPS has collected data on specific health services that Americans use, how frequently they use them, the cost of these services, and how they are paid for, as well as data on the cost, scope, and breadth of health insurance held and available to the U.S. population.
MEPS field interviewers conduct in-person interviews with adult members of preselected households. Interviewers are responsible for contacting these households by phone and/or in person to gain cooperation; for example, setting up appointments and conducting interviews using a Westat-provided laptop computer. Interviewers report regularly to a field supervisor, complete and submit administrative paperwork, and comply with data security and confidentiality requirements.
· Be at least 18 years old;
· Be available to complete Web-based training prior to in-person training; and
· Be available to attend a mandatory in-person, out-of-town training from January 27 through February 4, 2020.
· Be available to work during the two data collection field periods: one from January through mid-July; and one from late July through early December;
· Be available to work a minimum of 25 hours per week, including daytime, evening, and weekend hours, and complete a minimum of four interviews per week when work is available, until the assignment is complete;
· Must work flexible hours, based on the preferences of households in the assignment;
· Be willing to travel locally to your MEPS assignment;
· Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations:
o Lift and carry 20 pounds of equipment and materials; and
o Climb stairs while carrying equipment;
· Have regular and reliable access to telephone service for report calls with your supervisor as well as calls with household respondents;
· Have regular and reliable access to a high-speed Internet connection;
· Have regular and reliable access to an insured vehicle;
· Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension; and
· Have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to understand complex oral and written instructions and adhere to study protocols.
· Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English;
· Experience using a computer, smartphone, and/or tablet, with skills including connecting to Wi-Fi, conducting web searches, and using/sending email on a mobile device;
· Have CAPI experience/previous interviewing or public contact experience;
· Have good recordkeeping, time management, and follow-up skills;
· Be comfortable working in unfamiliar locations, knocking on doors, and communicating with people from all kinds of backgrounds and socioeconomic groups;
· Have experience using a GPS mapping app; and
· Be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
Recruiters will use Skype or FaceTime to conduct interviews with candidates for this position.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the specific position, which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, motor vehicle driving record history, and criminal or sexual offender records history.
This is a part-time non-exempt position not initially eligible for health insurance. Interviewer pay rates are based on the location where the work is performed. The current rate for this area is $14.21 per hour plus $4.54 per hour, deposited in a 401(k). Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
ME – Woolwich