Direct Support Professional Casual
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Portland, ME 04104
- Health Care
Portland, ME #3600
Portland, ME, USA
We’re looking for caring people to help the people who live in our homes and participate in our programs. Direct Support Professionals will care for people with disabilities. That could include helping cook meals and other household upkeep, helping participants with personal hygiene and interpersonal skills, and transporting them to community events.
Direct Support Professionals do not need any special training before they’re hired, Goodwill will provide certification trainings upon hire. There are several levels of this position, which means there is room for growth within Goodwill.
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill Casual employees (17 hours or less per week) also receive:
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Access to internal job board
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
- 403(b) retirement plan
Hourly Wage: *$12.00-$13.00, depending on experience
1) Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities.
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipient(s).
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards.
2) Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3) Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Reliable transportation and automobile insurance that meets minimum state requirements.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to complete required certifications on time.
- Criminal background check to meet agency requirements.
- High school diploma/GED.
- The ability to stand or sit for long periods of time. Perform range of motion tasks that include but not limited to; reaching, bending, stretching and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and push 175 pounds.
- Direct Support Professional Certification (I.e.: College of Direct Support or former live class).
- Current CRMA, CRMA 40 preferred.
- Experience supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Mental Health Experience (when applicable).
Communication – written
Communication – verbal
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School Diploma/GED or better
- Licenses & Certifications
Drive. Lic. – Class C
Posted: November 20, 2019