LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - LTC - TAMC - MARS HILL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mars Hill, ME 04758
GENENRAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: The Licensed Practical Nurse is
a nurselicensed in the State of Mainewho performs tasks and
responsibilities within a structured health caresetting. Demonstrates
the ability toprovide supportive and restorative care under the direct
supervision of aregistered nurse; as well as displaying knowledge and
clinical skills in caringfor patients/residents with varying needs.
1. Collaborateswith the Registered Nurse in the assessment of
patient/resident needs,problems, and/or concerns.
2. Contributesto the development of an age appropriate
comprehensive plan of care based onassessment data, information from
family, other members of the health care teamand previous medical
3. Assistswith meeting the learning needs of the
patient/resident/family. Collaborates with other health
careprofessionals on effectiveness of patient/resident/family teaching
4. Providessafe and efficient direct patient care as required.
5. Maintain a safe environment complying with NLH policies
andprocedures; report and directly address environmental hazards and
violations ofpatient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or
Performsother work related duties as assigned.
Current Maine State Board ofNursing LPN license or shall have a current
temporary license with a statedexpiration date.
Variable work schedule requiresday, evening and night work, as well as
weekend and some holidays.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCEREQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduateof an approved Practical Nursing Program.
2. Successfulcompletion of Orientation program for specific area
3. Successfulcompletion of ARG certification programs as required
by employment assignment.
4. Certificatein CPR
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting – 1-3 hours/day
2. Standing – 4-7 hours/day
3. Walking – 4-7 hours/day
4. Lifting – over 50 pounds with good bodymechanics.
5. Twisting Moderate – 130-480 twists/day (480based on twist per
6. Bending – moderate 130-480 twists/day (480based on twist per
7. Squatting – 1-3 hours/day need not becontinuous.
8. Endurance: moderate energy requirements.
9. Wrist position: moderate duration.
10. Pinching – moderate 130-480 pinches/day (480based on 1 pinch/min).
11. Hand wrist repetition – moderate (1000-2880) =2880 based on 6
12. Frequent fine motor skills required.
13. Either handedness 70-100 % of job cycle time.
14. Both handedness 70-100 % of job cycle time.
15. Requires corrected near vision 20/20 and 20/40far vision.
16. Requires both green/red, blue/violetdiscrimination.
17. Acquires depth perception.
18. Requires hearing whispered voice at 8 feet.
19. Frequent, clear speaking ability required 4-8hours/day.
20. Moderate exposure to infections.
1. Work environment 70-80 degrees F.
2. Moderate exposure to water or dampness.
3. Occasional work on surfaces that are slippery.
4. Occasional work where surfaces are uneven.
5. Slight chance of exposure to ionizingradiation (welding flash,
6. Occasional exposure to ionizing radiation(radioactive isotopes,
7. Noise = slight, occasionally fairly loudsounds.
8. Slight likelihood of significant traumaticinjury – deep cuts,
fractures or permanent
9. Slight likelihood of significant injury frommoving objects.
10. Moderate likelihood of exposure to toxicconditions.
11. Working with others – close association isfrequent and comprises a
major portion of the job.
12. Lack of control over pace of work – slight;work is self-paced.
13. Role ambiguity = slight, rarely is not clearwhat others expect of
14. Irregular or Extended hours (the degree towhich hours exceed 8 per
day or hours and shift change – moderate, occasional).
1. Problem Solving – Frequent problem solving required.
2. Judgment/Assessment – Continuously assesses situations and
determines corrective actions needed.
3. Supervision – Supervises 1-3 individuals and must perform functions
involved with supervision of employees in the particular department.
4. Reading/Comprehension – Must to able to read and comprehend greater
than grade 10 level of instructions.
5. Math/Arithmetic – Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide,
perform fractions, and calculate percentages.
1. Composure Under Working Conditions (including demanding, and/or
rude, residents/staff/visitors) – Must remain calm and exercise
self-control in working relationships with patients, staff, and
2. Coping Skills For Stresses Associated With Illness, Disability,
Dying, and/or Death – Works directly with persons who are or may
become ill, disabled, or dying on a regular basis; may be present at
the death bed and have to care for the body of the deceased; must
possess skills to cope with stresses associated with illness,
disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.