Managed Services Mainframe Engineer - z/OS
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Augusta, ME 04332
Sirius’ growing Managed Services division is seeking an experienced, customer focused Mainframe z/OS Engineer. This role can be based from most major US cities, and can be a telecommute role.
The primary purpose of this position is z/OS operating system installation and customization using the IBM ServerPac for z/OS process program. This position will apply operating system and program product fixes on a regular basis, as well as analyze and debug operating system and program product related issues. This role will also install and support commonly used ISV products (i.e. CA, BMC, Rocket Software). In addition, this position will also estimate and plan for installation and upgrade activities, as well as new customer transition projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides technical assistance regarding Disaster Recovery (DR) exercises and Business Continuity Processes (BCP)
• Ensures system improvements and/or modifications are implemented. Develops, enhances and/or supports technical approaches that allow successful audits and scalable implementations of large, complex mainframe environments
• Identifies and resolves performance issues
• Facilitates project planning efforts by establishing and meeting work estimates, target dates, milestones and schedules
• Participates in ongoing development and improvement of installation standards
• Updates customer incident tickets and change orders with effective communication, providing internal management and customer account managers with status information
• Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and timelines
• Provides team members with technical training and/or mentoring as needed
• Provides primary support for reported problems related to software in assigned area of responsibility and related products
• Fulfills ServiceNow requests for customers as they pertain to software in assigned area of responsibility and related products
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• At least five (5) years experience installing, maintaining, and supporting mainframe software products for IBM mainframes and performing system management functions (software installations, version upgrades, product maintenance, and configuration management)
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated experience with z/OSMF Configuration Assistant
• Demonstrated experience supporting Parallel Sysplex
• Demonstrated experience configuring debugging and maintaining TCPIP subsystems configuration
• Demonstrated experience configuring, debugging, and maintaining VTAM subsystems configurations
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to execute tasks associated with customers’ disaster recovery plans
• Demonstrated skills in the majority of the following
o z/OS Assembler language programming
o SYSPLEX Operations
o Coupling Facility Management
o UNIX Systems Services
o ISV product installations, upgrades and maintenance
• Demonstrated experience with File Transfer Protocol (FTP)/Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) IP Connectivity
• Demonstrated experience with configuration of the JVM on the Mainframe
Data Privacy and Security :
+ All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
+ Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
Essential Functions :
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.