Fast Food Restaurant Manager KFC/Taco Bell
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Saco, ME 04072
Job Title: RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER
Education: High School Degree Preferred
The Restaurant General Manager is the leader in the restaurant; acts as the Chief Customer Officer, coaches and trains the team for operational; recognizes and motivates members of the team; manages the P&L; where appropriate, brings new concepts (e.g., 2n1) to customers.
- Customer Satisfaction:
Is responsible for driving customer satisfaction. Ensures 100% quality product availability; meets service standards for drive-thru, carry-out, and dine-in; seeks ways to improve the restaurants service; spends time with customers; makes decisions based on customer needs; upholds Clean Across America standards; seeks or maintains Champion status; ensures Champion training for all Customer Service Team Members prior to solo shifts.
Is responsible for restaurant P&L (i.e., plan attainment); meets targeted Bottom Line; maintains top-line Sales; controls daily operations in the restaurant; ensures operations focus and execution; ensures correct operational procedures are followed at all times.
- Sales Building:
Builds sales by focusing on operational excellence. This includes creating an environment for hassle-free convenience for the customer; interacting with customers and the community; executing correct operating procedures; meeting service time standards; coaching and training team members to deliver the ultimate guest service experience; implementing new growth concepts; ensuring flawless marketing execution (e.g., POP, reader boards, menu boards); establishing consistent suggestive selling program. RGM works with Market Coach on specific sales building needs.
Coaches and trains managers and team members for operational excellence; ensures STEP execution; uses STAR 2000 training program; coaches, trains and cross-trains Team Members on proper procedures and attitudes; identifies a training mentor for each new hire; takes ownership for orientation; uses Procedure Manuals to train on management skills; coordinates with Market Coach on specific training needs.
Is responsible for maintaining a full staff; continually upgrades the quality of Team Members; develops a core team focus; commits to the Sanweco, Inc. selection process; ensures quality performance appraisals, participates in the selection & training of AUMs for restaurant, drives to increase tenure in the restaurant; keeps Market Coach informed of needs.
- Recognition and Motivation:
Champions recognition and motivation programs through active and positive participation in nation-wide programs; catches others doing things right; focuses on coaching and informal, on the spot recognition; role models recognition behavior, tells employees thank you; celebrates success and has fun.
Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team; ensures proper product handling procedures for food safety; maintains proper cash-handling procedures; works with Market Coach on specific needs.
- Employee Relations:
Maintains an environment free of harassment and discrimination. Resolves store-level employee relations activities with assistance provided by the Human Resource Administrator; is proactive in handling employee relations issues; ensures execution of policies, practices, and programs; manages relations and resolves disputes.
- Managing Restaurant Assets:
Verifies the delivery of quantity and quality of goods provided by vendors; completes minor equipment repair; performs preventive maintenance basics; maintains a Maintenance Log and Preventive Maintenance Checklist; provides input to market Coach for vendor negotiations; completes first call to vendors for follow-up if work is unsatisfactory.
Three years of experience in Quick Service Restaurants or Cafeteria Dinner House with management/supervisory experience.
Effective coaching, leadership, and communication skills. Results oriented, customer focus, decision making, analytical thinking, and financial understanding are essential. Ability to successfully complete the KFC selection process. Proficiency with personal computer applications desired. Restaurant operations equipment to include: ovens, fryers, cash registers, WAND System and personal computer. Has regular accessibility to a car.
Assistant Unit Manager(s), Shift Supervisor(s), and Restaurant Team Members report to this job.
- Opening Shift:
- Opens restaurant, arriving one hour and a half before opening restaurant. Turns on all lights, turns on ovens, fryers, by use of switches, visual gauges, and controls.
- Checks out various machines and equipment to be used during the shift to make certain all are in working order, audible alarms on equipment such as ovens and fryers. Observes gauges for proper function of equipment.
- Sets up cash drawer, counts money and places in register; open cash amount of $100 to start shift.
- Closing Shift:
- Coordinates and supervises cleaning and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Uses computer to generate, collect and review daily and weekly business reports prepared by him/herself, shift and assistant managers for compliance with company standards.
- Completes and posts daily/weekly staffing for shifts:
- Takes inventory food/paper/supplies that will be needed for restaurant. Orders, if necessary. Reviews inventory sheets for additions or corrections.
- Assists counter servers in greeting customers, taking orders, operating register, collecting payment, making change, assembling order and checking for completeness and correctness, and packing orders.
- Check and assists if necessary in storing products from delivery trucks, stocking items/food items in the proper storage area, walking to and from truck to stock area with frequent reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Ensures clean food preparation, dining area and exterior of restaurant, assisting in this effort whenever necessary.
- Supervises food preparation and service operations. Assists servers and food production workers during rush periods to ensure maintenance of efficiency.
- Observes employees for compliance with appearance, uniform and customer service standards.
- Totals out cash registers and takes deposits to bank. Completes paperwork and inputs information into computer.