Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Biddeford, ME 04005
Looking to grow a career in manufacturing? This is the right start for you! FMI is looking for a safety and goal orientated team player to help support our manufacturing team in a climate controlled environment. This position hand weaves carbon fiber materials in 3 & 4- directional weaves. You choose the schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm or 8am-4:30pm. The following are your key responsibilities:
- Perform repetitive hand weaving tasks including using tools and applying physical force to weaving fixtures.
- Make needles, spools, and perform associated utility jobs.
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met.
- Loom set-up, rodding, weaving functions, documentation updates, in-process compression, and frame installation.
- Must wear safety shoes and safety eye wear.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide Lean improvement initiatives
What you’ll get from us!
- Accrued Paid Time Off + 8 paid holidays
- Medical, Vision and Dental (effective on date of hire)
- 401k for retirement savings with added company match
- Tuition reimbursement – set yourself up for future growth!
And the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of materials science…
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. __