Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mars Hill, ME 04758
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/MISSION STATEMENT: A Registered Nurse
Supervisor in the Nursing Department, under the direction of the DON,
will plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care to ensure quality and
efficiency of services while maintaining established standards.
Facilitates patient activities based on hand off communication/report at
the beginning and end of each shift, insuring tests & procedures are
completed, and physician is notified of abnormal results. Proactively
coordinates admissions/transfer placements to accommodate maximum census
and optimal services, with Staffing Matrix guidelines. Is aware and
able to resource all nursing Policies & Procedures. Is knowledgeable
and proficiently serves as a clinical resource for questions regarding
proper patient care. Assists with clinical procedures. He/she must be
adequately prepared by experience and training to care for cases ranging
in acuity from non-urgent to life threatening and from minor injuries to
major trauma. He/she must demonstrate an ability to cope with extreme
emergency situations while displaying calm, and demonstrate a
recognition of the value and dignity of the individual without regard to
the nature of the illness/injury or the circumstances leading to same.
1. Triage patients according to established guidelines.
2. Assess patients physical and psychosocial needs and implement a plan
of care to address the needs.
3. Transcribe/implement physician orders in a timely and efficient
4. Assess patient/significant other education needs and provide
instruction as appropriate.
5. Participate in department quality improvement activities.
6. Comply with mandated hospital and department education programs.
7. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development.
8. Support Risk Management and Infection Control programs.
9. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned.
1. Current Maine Registered Nurse License.
Must be available for weekend and shift assignments.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPEPRIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing
2. Successful completion of orientation program for specific
3. Successful completion of TAMC certification programs as
required by employment assignment
4. Certificate in CPR
5. Good interpersonal skills
6. Basic computer skills preferred