RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Presque Isle, ME 04769
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The staff Radiological Technologist
performs radiographic examinations of selected portions of the anatomy
as requested by the medical provider with a proper order. The
Radiological Technologist is expected to perform a variety of procedures
with the knowledge and ability to apply a prescribed amount of
x-radiation for the purpose of obtaining diagnostic quality radiographs
for interpretation by the radiologist.
1. Perform radiographic procedures in accordance with departmental
protocols and procedures within standard time frames.
2. Maintains equipment in good operating condition and operates
equipment according to department and manufacturer’s
3. Prepares and orients patients to the procedure.
4. Is cooperative and helpful in a clear and courteous manner to
co-workers, staff, patients, and visitors.
5. Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of radiological
technology and participates in continuing education.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other work related duties
asassigned by up line management in Imaging Services.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: **
1. Appropriate and current State of Maine license/registrations for
2. Specialty certifications a plus in areas of CT, etc.
3. Current registration by the American Registry of Radiological
Technologists (ARRT). (registry eligible, with state license)
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: *Eight hours per day on a rotating
schedule with periodic overtime. Must participatein weekend, holiday and
on-call rotation as required to meet the department needs in providing
Imaging services to our patients.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCEREQUIREMENTS:
1. High school graduate or GED.
2. Satisfactory completion of formal radiological training in an AMA
3. Must have met the requirements for Registry by theAmerican
Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT).
4. Must be proficient in all aspects of general radiography and
radiation protection. Twoyears experience is preferred but not
5. BLS is required within the first week of employment. Employees
must maintain CPR certification throughout employment when in a clinical
6. De-escalation and workplace violence training will bec ompleted
at hire prior to release from orientation
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 2-4 hours/day.
2. Standing. 4-7 hours/day.
3. Walking. 4-7 hours/day
4. Lifting. 50lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Frequently, many twist/day
6. Bending. Moderate to frequent bends throughout the day.
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1-4 hours/day.
8. Endurance. Moderate to heavy energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Moderate Extensivedeviation.
10. Pinching. Frequent, 130-480 pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. Most of the time, every day
12. Manual Dexterity. Frequent fine motor skills required.
13. Either Handedness. 70%- 100% of job cycle time.
14. Both Handedness. 70%-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight. Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and 20-20 far vision.
16. Hearing. Can hear whispered voice at eight (8) feet (FAA class II).
17. Speech. Frequent clear speaking ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Frequent
19. VisualColor Discrimination Requires both red/green and blue/violet
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 65 – 80?F.
2. Noise. Slight, occasionally fairly loud sounds.
3. Working with Others. Close association is frequent and compromises
a major portion of the job.
4. Confined Spaces or Cramped Body Positions.Work in cramped
positions/confined spaces occasionally
5. Body Injuries. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury -
deep cuts, fractures or permanent disabling injuries.
6. Moving Objects. Slight likelihood of significant injury from
7. Toxic Conditions. Slight likelihood of exposure to toxic
8. Working with Others. Great, association is frequent and comprises
a major portion of the job.
9. Role Ambiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what others expect
of the worker.
10. Exposure to Radiation. Moderate, since job is in General Imaging.
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Continuous/Frequent problem-solving skills
2. Judgment/Assessment.Continuously assesses situations and determines
corrective actions needed.
3. Reading/Comprehension.Must be able to read and comprehend greater
than Grade 12 level ofinstructions.
4. Math/Arithmetic.Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide,
perform fractions, and calculate percentages at a high level.
1. Composure Under Working Conditions(including demanding, and/or
rude, resi?dents/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise
self-control inworking relation?ships with patients, staff, and
Coping Skills for Stresses Associated with Illness, Disability, Dying and/or Death.
Works directly with persons who are or maybecome ill, disabled, or dying
on a regular basis;
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.
3. Respect for fellow employees, supervisors,and medical staff.