Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa is seeking candidates for an experienced Banquet Chef to join their team!
Areas of Responsibility: Inspects and ensures the proper set up and readiness of each item on menus
- Maintains product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food
- Supervises proper storage of unused food to minimize waste and maximize quality
- Coordinates service with restaurant and banquet operations-Manages the daily operation of the kitchen
- Coordinates the inventory, purchasing and disbursement of all supplies
- Ensures that proper sanitation practices are followed
- Assures proper staffing and adequate supplies for all stations
-Develops and implements strategies and practices which support employee engagement – Recruits and selects qualified candidates
- Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicates performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback
- Provides employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing employees with the training and resources they need to maximize employee engagement and deliver exceptional service and teamwork
- Communicates and reinforces the vision exceptional service to employees
- Ensures that employees provide exceptional hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Uses teamwork to support guests and employees
- Seeks opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and Inn services – Provides employees with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver exceptional service and teamwork
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive “Be The Difference” culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com