CERTIFIED MEDICATION ASSISTANT - TAMC - MARS HILL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mars Hill, ME 04758
\Must have successfully completed the Certified Medication Assistant
course with not less than 120 hours\* *
Safely and accurately prepares/administers routine oral and/or topical,
ordered by a physician under the direction of a Registered Nurse or
Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists residents/patients with daily
activities. Provides personal care, comfort, and assists id the
maintenance of a safe, clean envi?ron?ment for an assigned group of
1. Provide safe and efficient direct resident/patient care as
2. Keep charge nurse informed of resident/patient status and changes
as well as problems.
3. Perform other work-related duties, within their scope of
practice, as assigned.
Variable work schedule requires day, evening, and night work as well as
weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Successful completion of an approved CNA program with not less
than 150 hours of instruction.
2. Currently active on the CNA registry.
3. Must be able to read and write with proficiency to accomplish all
4. Prior experience is not required.
5. Must meet the requirements for placement on the Maine CNA-M/CNA
6. Successful completion of a Certified Medication Assistant course
with not less then 120 hours.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS
1. Able to sit 1-3 hours/day?
2. Able to stand and/or walk4-7 hours/ /day.
3. Able to lift over 50 pounds using proper body mechanics.
4. Able to twist 130-480 times per day.
5. Able to bend 130-480 times per day.
6. Able to squat/kneel 1-3 hours/day (need not be continuous).
7. Able to endure high energy requirements.
8. Able to have wrists deviate from neutral position.
9. Able to show ability to make skillful coordinate manual
10. Able to use both hands70%-100% of job cycle with frequent fine
11. Require corrected vision must be at least 20/30 in both eyes (near
12. Able to distinguish between red/green and blue/violet colors.
11. Able to demonstrate accurate depth perception.
12. Able to hear a whispered voice at eight feet.
13. Able to speak clearly 4-8hours a day.
14. Able to tolerate moderate exposure to infections.
15. Able to push/pull medication cart several times a day during
1. Able to work in 65-85?environments.
2. Able to tolerate moderate exposure to water/dampness.
3. Occasional work on slippery surfaces.
4. Occasional work where surfaces are uneven
5. Slight chance of exposure to non-ionized radiation (Microwaves).
6. Occasional exposure toionized radiation (x-rays)
7. Occasional exposure to fairly loud noises.
8. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury (i.e.,
lacerations, contusions, abrasions,fractures).
9. Slight likelihood of significant injury from moving objects
(i.e., wheelchairs, geri chairs, Hoyerlift, medication cart).
10. Moderate likelihood of exposure to toxic conditions.
11. Able to work with others; close association is frequent and
comprises a major portion of the job.
12. Able to self pace work so that assignments are completed in a
designated time span.
13. Able to extend work hours beyond eight hours per shift, on
1. Continuously utilizes appropriate judgment.
2. Must be able to add,subtract, multiply, divide, perform
fractions, and calculate percentages.
3. Must be able to read and comprehend greater than grade 10 level
of instruction.* *
1. Must remain calm and exercise self-control in working
relationships with residents, staff, and visitors.
2. Works directly with persons who are or may become ill, disabled,
or dying on a regular basis; may be present at the death bed and have to
care for the body of the deceased; must possess skills to cope with
stresses associated with illness, disability,dying, and death.