Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chelsea, ME 04330
Our farm crew is important to the success of our farm. Crew members must be responsible, hard working, and self motivated individuals. They must be able to follow direction and work well by themselves or with others. This work environment can be fun, rewarding and exciting but it can also be hard work in tough weather. We expect employees to stay focused and work efficiently. Crew members need to enjoy working and to feel satisfied by a job well done. At times work on the farm can be repetitive and tiring. We notice when employees remain motivated and hard working throughout the day.
Wash and Pack
Greenhouse/High Tunnel work
Building and repairing farm infrastructure
Possible Farmers’ Market work
Crew members may also be given independent work projects based their abilities, interest and farm needs throughout the season
• Ability to work hard outside in a variety of weather conditions with a positive attitude
• Can lift 50lb, and has the physical health and ability to work often times repetitive tasks for long periods of time squatting or kneeling
• Ability to work well in groups and independently
• Pays attention to detail, able to hold onto multiple levels of instruction
• Goal oriented with a drive to see the job through
• Passion about the general success of the farm
• Ability to keep a positive, “can do” attitude throughout the season
• Good communication skills
• Ability to follow examples of how specific tasks should be done
• Ability to take constructive criticism and interest in challenging themselves to learn new things
Our Farm Crew does not generally work with the animals on the farm, but they need to be aware that we do have livestock on the farm.
Compensation: Pay starting at $11 to $13/hr depending on past work experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the attached job application and email it to email@example.com along with your resume.
(Job application separately attached or can be viewed online here: http://nebula.wsimg.com/d3791db2a6da588f2a154dfb1cbdfcb2?AccessKeyId=C7B0D4874735475DB59A&disposition=0&alloworigin=1)