Route Sales Representative-231709
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
SCARBOROUGH, ME 04074
As a Route Sales Associate (RSA), you will develop and build our grocery and convenience store accounts by delivering product (via truck), maintaining customer relationships, merchandising product, covering Route Sales Representative (RSR) vacations, and providing first-class customer service to all assigned areas. You will earn base pay and bonus (based on zone plan sales achievement). This target amount for an RSA, is estimated to be $51,500, and can be more or less, depending on zone performance to sales plan. When you start, you will earn approximately $990 per week, which is inclusive of an estimated overtime at 50 hours work per week. All of our positions include weekend and holiday work. This pay is in place until you are able to get your own route as a Route Sales Representative (RSR). Route assignments can be achieved as quickly as 6 weeks, but will vary dependent on route availability. Once you get your own route, your pay will increase based on tenure and individual sales performance. At minimum, once achieving your own route, you can expect to earn $55,000. You can expect to work approximately 46-50 hours per week as an RSA.
Some of the more frequent tasks you would perform include:
- Driving to assigned locations
- Check-in with store decision maker, check-in delivery, obtain signatures, collect proof of delivery
- Using equipment (e.g. carts, pallets, etc.) to unload products and move throughout the store
- Merchandising cases from the back room to the sales floor, filling display units or shelves with products such as Doritos, Classic Lays, Tostitos, Smartfood Popcorn, etc.
- Ensuring back-room inventory reaches the sales floor and organizing/maintaining back-room inventory in proper location
- Rotating products and removing defective and out-of-date products and process returns and credits with receiver
- Tidying up shelves and displays, knocking down boxes and disposing of any waste
- Assembling and disassembling of promotional materials such as signs, banners, and cardboard displays
- Ordering, scanning and logging backstock using handheld device
- Safely maximizing sales and minimizing waste
This is a physical job. We transform store aisles, end caps, and displays into works of art, from the lowest shelf to the highest shelf. Start times typically begin between three oclock and seven oclock in the morning. Hours per week average 40 to 60 hours and include weekend and/or holiday work in all weather conditions.
Our diverse team strives for perfection, and you should feel comfortable working under minimal supervision. We are proud to set industry standards in terms of pay and benefits.
In addition to our generous starting wage found at the top of this listing, you will also enjoy unbeatable benefits including, but not limited to:
- RSRs who come to work with us have a wide variety of experience. Team members have honed their skills with success in prior roles including sales jobs, retail jobs, restaurant jobs, and customer service jobs. We all pride ourselves on the quality of our work, but we do have some minimum requirements in common:
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid drivers license with proof of insurance
- Ability to climb, push, pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation (examples: a microwave; a cinder block)
- Youll need to pass DOT physical and certification
This position also requires a review of your driving history.
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
- Strong Work Ethic: as a RSR, you are trusted to represent Frito-Lay values to your colleagues, customers, and the public. You accurately report your time using your company-issued device and you are comfortable working without a manager monitoring your day-to-day activities.
- Flexibility: you are able to adapt to changing situations, new tasks and priorities as changes occur; you will encounter challenges and resolve them by yourself
- Customer Focus: when you are in the stores with our customers, you help them find what they need and deliver service that exceed their expectations
- Attention to Detail: our RSRs are meticulous when it comes to checking dates on chips, tidying shelves, and arranging products; you are also responsible for accurately completing daily paperwork (e.g. DOT logs)
- Communication: you will be working closely with other Frito-Lay team members and its important to communicate regularly; good communication also includes checking in and out with the store manager
- Positive Attitude: you will be part of a sales team that relies on one another to build professional relationships and attend to customer needs while following Frito-Lay and store procedures, work rules and safety policies
- Tech Savvy: you are very comfortable using multiple technology devices each day to accomplish your goals
- Conscientious: you are organized, task driven, comfortable following direction and adhering to a specific schedule
- Initiative: our RSRs often describe their routes as “their business.” You have a deep understanding of your role within the sales team and you constantly strive to achieve and exceed sales growth targets
Does this sound like you?
The way it works is simple: we provide the information and tools to empower you to take charge of your career. At Frito-Lay, its pay for performance all the way, and we will give you the training to flourish as the newest member of our exceptional team.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo (Frito Lay) is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity